Monday, September 26, 2011

My Testimony...

The MESS that GOD Turned into a MESSAGE!!!


My name is Angela Sue Morgan. I was born July 3rd 1975 (Im 36.. haha) in Corpus Christi, Texas. My Mother and Father are Becky and Bobby Bonner missionaries to Zambia Africa since 1988. So yes.. I lived in Zambia for 4 years. (AMAZING!!) I am the oldest of 4 sisters. They all live in different states serving GOD with there husbands and kids! So were do I start!!??


Well for starters I grew up in an AMAZING Christian HOME!! My Fathers testimony is one that you don't hear often.. He was a professional baseball player (Baltimore Orioles) that had everything going for him, according to the world.. and then GOD ROCKED HIS WORLD with GRACE!! He is one of the few that when HE got saved.. HE JUST never GOT OVER BEING SAVED!!! God changed his path from the "Diamond" to the "BUSHES" of Africa!!The night I was saved.. I woke up from a horrible nightmare.. I ran to my Mom and Daddy's room late one evening scared I was going to hell.. and that night I was saved in Africa, May 8th 1990 (15 years old)My father baptized me that next Sunday in the Kafulafuta River in Zambia, Africa (yes.. there are crocs in that river!! haha)After I was saved.. I felt a change in my heart like never before.. My heart had a desire to know more of GODS word.. yet.. at that time I being a young teenage girl (15) met a young boy (16) who was also a missionary kid like me.. He and his family lived also in Zambia... WE "Fell" in love. You see... I grew up with all the major "Walt Disney" fairy tale movies.. at the same time... the tug on my heart for the relationship with GOD began to dim.. and the desires for my flesh were stronger.. because all I ever dreamed about was marrying "prince charming".... We came back to the States... and were later married in 1993. ( I was 18) (yes I know.. shocking!!!!) All the while.. God became second, third... and sometimes never made the list of my life.We had a girl in 1995 (her name is Brianne she is 16 now) later realizing her birth was a gift that saved me from myself...Living in sin and over several horrible things that I did in my marriage, It was my decision to divorce him. Soon after I fell hard into alcohol and partying.. to dim the pain... I continued to run from the that beautiful STILL SMALL VOICE that kept on pulling at my heart.. I would try my hardest to drown out the conviction... by partying. I always woke up the next morning with the same conviction.. and of course the pain was still there!!!!I met my husband in Feb 1998 (who I am still married to only by the grace of GOD :)) I began sleeping with him and got pregnant. At 3 months pregnant.. we decided to get married. All the while.. even writing this now.. I am amazed and weep at the HAND of OUR MERCIFUL GOD!!!! Romans 2:4 says that "Its the goodness of GOD that leads us to repentance!!!" Thats what amazes me so much.. not HIS wrath in what we deserve... but HIS AMAZING GRACE AND GOODNESS AND MERCY!!!! Thank You Jesus for loving me ... I do NOT deserve this GRACE!!! OH LORD.. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!Our marriage was a "Rocky" start to say the least.. and there is nothing that I have not physically and emotional felt by an abusive relationship...At my whits end.. and countless tears that were shed... I couldn't take anymore.. but on August of 2003 in KATY TEXAS as the HOLY SPIRIT TUGGED ON MY HEART..... I gave my life back over to GOD!!!!!!! My children.. my husband... (who I thought was saved) August 2003 at 12:00 midnight in my living room floor.. I wept and wept until 5:00 in the morning.. I confessed and layed my WHOLE LIFE back down at MY SAVIORS FEET!!!! He saved me in AFrica yes... but NOW... I committed my WHOLE LIFE..... I have been bought with a price.. therefore from this point on.. I am HIS completely... wholly.. I surrendered.. and HAVE NOT BEEN THE SAME SINCE!!! A few months later on December 14th 2003 my husband Micheal Morgan was saved during a message that my father preached...I was blown away at GODS hand on our family...and how he HEALED MY MY MARRIAGE AND RESTORED MY FAMILY.. and He still shows me this daily!In 2007 My husband was promoted in His job at Discount Tire Co. but that meant we had to move to Lufkin, Texas!! So we moved from the Houston area (Katy) and our church Central Baptist In Houston Texas.. to come to the GREAT TOWN OF LUFKIN!!! God had His amazing hand on us the WHOLE TIME!!! We were here for only 3 months and my husband was FIRED!!! WHAT!??? Yes.. fired!! haha.. It wasnt funny at the time.. but let me tell you this amazing story of GODS hand in this.. You see.. I was scheduled for a Hysterectomy when we moved to Lufkin... I had a surgeon in Beaumont, Tx that was going to do my surgery.... Micheal and I had my daughter Brianne 12, and our son Justin who was 7 at the time.. We tried to have more children but I was bleeding for 3 years and had indometriosis really bad..the pain was unbareable and several doctors told me I couldnt have any more children.. so I scheduled the surgery... during all this time..we got settled into our house in Lufkin, and started going to OUR HOME CHURCH HARMONY HILL BAPTIST CHURCH.... and Micheal was fired!!!! WHAT!?? LORD??? what are you doing!?? So.. you can now understand that my surgery was canceled because of "no insurance". We had nothing.. and didnt really "KNOW" anyone.. the only ONE we could trust in WAS GOD!! Isnt that funny though.. that the only ONE we are supposed to TRUST in always!! Do not put your confidence in MAN.. but only in GOD!! GOd lead me to these verses Is 43:18,19 (please read)))) So we began getting involved in our church HHBC. (I was still bleeding)..... At the time.. we had a mission church downtown Lufkin that would feed the homeless and have a church service after our regular service. Well.. being a missionary kid.. I jumped on that band wagon.. I love mission work!!! That Sunday morning though..my bible reading was in Matthew 9 (the woman with the issue of blood) I got down on my knees and began praying and asking GOD.. "Lord.. I dont like asking for things for myself.. but Lord You say we have not because we ask not.. so Father GOd.. would you do that for me what you did for this woman..??" I thanked Him for the day and got up and went to church.. on the way to "mission church" I heard a song called "ONE TOUCH" by Nicole C. Mullen (AMAZING SONG ABOUT THE WOMAN WITH THE ISSUE OF BLOOD!!!!) I began to cry... Lord?? would You do that for me??? Then.. as the pastor began opening his bible..(at the mission church) He said turn to Matthew 9!!! WHAT!???????? MATTHEW 9!??? He then began to speak about the woman with the issue of blood.. He closed his bible.. and stopped and said.. "There is someone in here that needs healing.. JESUS is passing by right now.. and He wants to heal you with the "issue" you have!!" I know my mouth dropped open.. you see I was there to minister to others.. I was NOT the one that was being ministered too.. BUT... The Holy Spirit nudged me... a man spoke to me from behind.."I don't know why, Angela.. but the Lord wants me to tell you.. How long are you going to wait on the HOLY SPIRIT!??" oh my goodness.. I began to weep uncontrollably.... went forward and they prayed for me.. I told them.. of my "issue" and how much my husband and I wanted to have another child.. but we couldn't.. because of my problems.. To make a long story short.. I came home told my Husband I had been healed.. and 2 months later.. we were pregnant with LEVI ANTHONY MORGAN!!! OUR miracle from GOD!!!!Since this time.. I have had the opportunity to speak with ladies at our church in leading a Bible Study.. I have spoken and sang in churches in Kirbyville TX.. and was blessed to go to Ukraine with Michael Gott Ministires this past February...I also have the privilege of singing on our praise team an leading worship on Sundays. I love missions.. its GODS HEART BEAT.... We have a food pantry at our church every 3rd Wednesday of the month.. God has shown me so much through these wonderful beautiful people.. whom the world throws out with the trash. But JESUS LOVES SO MUCH.. and SO DO I!!! I recently had the privilege to go to a place called "PETTYS MOTEL" where prostitutes and drug dealers and lower class people live.. We went and knocked on there doors and invited them to Breakfast (chik filet sandwiches) and singing and the WORD OF GOD!! What an EYE OPENER THAT MINISTRY IS!!! The World needs JESUS!!!! We need to tell them.. If we want to be used by Him.. we must make ourselves available to HIM!!!I am also so blessed to say that God has in turn changed my husbands life dramastically as he leads about 14 men and women in discipleship out of our home on FRIDAY NIGHTS!! Sometimes we stay up until 3-4 in the morning weeping over the WORD OF GOD!!!! I am amazed at GODS hand on our family... THE LORDS MERCY AMAZES ME!!!God has placed a desire in my heart for woman to fall in LOVE with JESUS.. who is the WORD!!!! (JOHN1:1) WE must have a passion for GODS WORD!! WE must be in HIS WORD.. HE IS THE GIVER OF LIFE!!! (John 10:10) and He feeds us FROM HIS WORD!!! Job 23:12I have so many countless stories of GODS AMAZING GRACE over my life.. He has turned my mess into a message.. and I cant keep it to myself. May He richly bless you with more of HIM!!!! For nothing else in this world can satisfy!!!! NOTHING CAN!! I know this so well.. I have tried it all.. ONLY JESUS!! The ONE WHO Satisfies the HEART is the ONE WHO CREATED IT!!! :) BLESS GOD!!!!He has not saved us to sit.. but to serve.. The optimist says My cup is half full.. the pessimist says my cup is half empty but the BLOOD WASHED CHILD OF GOD SAYS MY CUP RUNNETH OVER!!!!!! Praise His HOLY NAME!!!! May He be praised and High and lifted up for He is the ONE that draws all men and women unto HIMSELF!!! THANK YOU JESUS FOR DRAWING ME... I AM FOREVER CHANGED!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love this Angela. And I really needed it. (Greg Varvel)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being so open Sweet daughter, we all have secrets... I praise GOD for bringing you back and giving you his joy!!!
    JESUS shines through your life!!

    ReplyDelete